From mid-September to mid-October, you can pick your own apples from Upstate New York farms offering an amazing variety including Honeycrisp, Jonagold, Autumn Crisp, Twenty Ounce, CrimsonCrisp, Macoun, Empire, Red Delicious, Fuji, Golden Delicious, Jonamac, MacIntosh, Cortland, Gala, Ida Red, Granny Smith, and Cameo.
Learn more about apple varieties from the New York Apple Association.
Many of our farms offer a fun argitourism experience, with hay rides, cider & donuts and activities for the kids. Some have started making their own cider, hard cider and apple wines as well, like Old Goat Cidery and Embark Craft Ciderworks.
Pick Your Own Apples along the Wayne County Apple Trail
- Long Acre Farms Macedon
- G & S Orchards Walworth
- The Apple Shed Newark
- Morgan’s Farm Market Marion
- Orbaker’s Fruit Farm Williamson
- Lagoner Farms Williamson
- Burnap’s Farm Market Sodus
Monroe County Apple Farms
- Green Acre Farms Greece
- Burch Farms Hilton
- Schutt’s Apple Mill Webster
- Whittier Fruit Farm North Chili
- Kelly’s Farm Market Hilton
- Wickham Farms Penfield
- Robb Farms Spencerport
- Sodoma Farm Brockport
- Green Acre & West Wind Fruit Farms Hilton
- Kirby’s Farm Market Brockport
More Rochester-Area Apple Farms
- Hurd Orchards Holley
- The Apple Farm Victor
- Becker Farms Albion
- Watt Farms Albion
- Ontario Orchards Sterling
Hilton Apple Fest Oct 5 & 6, 2019
Apple Tasting Weekend Oct 11-14, 2019 in Lyons (take the Tour Challenge the entire month of October!)
Tips for when you pick your own apples
Thank you to pickyourown.org for these helpful tips!
- Once picked, don’t throw them into the baskets, place them in gently, or they will bruise and go bad more quickly.
- Keep apples cool after picking to increase shelf life. A cool basement is ideal, but the fruit/vegetable drawer of a refrigerator will work, too. Kept cool, fresh-picked apples will generally keep weeks, but it DOES depend on the variety.
- Nutrition and miscellaneous facts: One-half cup of apples is only 42 calories. Apples contain no cholesterol or fat and are also low in calories. T Apples are high in dietary fiber, Vitamin A and niacin. They contain iron and other trace minerals and are a fair source of Vitamin C.
- Apples are ranked No. 1 in antioxidant activity compared with 40 other commercially available fruits and vegetables. That means a serving of apples has more of the antioxidant power you need to fight aging, cancer and heart disease.
Where are your favorite spots to pick apples?
Share your thoughts with us in the comments. Your insight and experience is invaluable!