Most folks when visiting Fairport walk along the canal path not knowing that the Thomas Creek Wetlands Walk is running parallel to them. The Wetland Walk is actually 2 separate paths. One is paved yet rustic. The other is a boardwalk with a seasonal viewing platform. They both connect to each other and with the Erie Canal Trail.
The entrance to the boardwalk from the parking lot
Seasonal viewing platform
Paved walking path that runs parallel between the boardwalk and the Erie Canal Trail.
I discovered Thomas Creek Wetlands Walk looking at a satellite view of the area on Google Maps. At the end of Liftbridge Lane East is a small parking lot. You can also park in any of the municipal lots around the canal and tie this short trail in with a larger canal experience.
More information about Thomas Creek Wetlands Walk
- Cost: Free
- Located in Fairport, 25 minutes / 15 miles from Rochester (get directions)
- More Information: fairportpartnership.org
Check out more trails around Rochester
- New York State Parks within a 2-Hour Drive of Rochester
- Trails Around Rochester That Are Not Just A Walk in the Park
- Gorge Trails to Hike Before Winter
- Nature Centers, Wildlife Preserves, Management Areas, Refuges, and Observatories